1. PANDA CAM! These adorable creatures from China spend their day eating, sleeping, pooping, playing and more sleeping. I can’t help but be jealous of this lifestyle! http://live.ipanda.com/
2. PENGUIN CAM! When one gets tired of pandas (please) there is always the live feed of penguins at Sea World to go gaga over. Nothing cuter than a few waddling penguins! I think these guys know where the camera is so beware, you may encounter a penguin mooning. http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sanantonio/Animals/Webcams/Penguin-Cam
3. Cookie Clicker. Who in the world found this one? Leave it to the intern and now everyone’s addicted. You click on cookies, that’s all there is to it. Cookies. I have 9.8 billion. http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
4. OTTER CAM! More cameras, but they’re sea otters! These cutie pies are just so much fun to watch and I want to squish their cute little faces. Feeding and training sessions: 10:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:30pm PST. You’ll get more activity during these times, and even learn a little something about sea otters! http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/efc/efc_otter/otter_cam.aspx
5. Duck Dynasty. Now, while I’m not too into this… yet, there are some others around here who can’t get enough. Eating, sleeping, talking Duck Dynasty all day long. Did you know there are quite a few apps out there too? Oh yes, and they can cause quite the stir! http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/
Check out my grungy old DD beard courtesy of the Beard Booth app.
6. Beer. Yep, you heard right. When you work in an office that has its own beer brewing factory (kitchen), you tend to yearn for 6:00pm a lot earlier in the day. Especially when that beer factory comes with a dart board and sweet tunes. I’d like to say that I am a very happy beer taster; these guys do amazing work!
7. YouTube. This one is never going away. There is always going to be someone, somewhere that says, “I watched the funniest video ever last night and you have to see it!” My most recent moment was SNL’s parody, “What Does My Girl Say?” If you haven’t yet seen it, I watched the funniest video ever last night and you have to see it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foMQX9ZExsE
8. Party Excuses. Somehow, every single day on the calendar has become a day to celebrate. Everything from Guacamole Day, Tell an Old Joke Day, Talk like a Pirate Day all the way to Cookie Day, Espresso Day and Sangria Day. All of which we have either celebrated or plan to celebrate! http://www.partyexcuses.com/
Here are some crazy pirates on Talk like a Pirate Day. And we had a pirate cake!
9. Photoshop. Although we use Photoshop everyday around here, sometimes work can tangent into practical joke making. When Sharknado took the world by storm (no pun intended), we got a little creative around here and added one of the office dogs, Guido, to the mix.
10. Facebook. This one is a no brainer. I don’t care who you are or what you do, unless you don’t have a Facebook account, you are on Facebook at least once a day. Here’s a link in case you haven’t had your Facebook fix today. http://www.facebook.com/
One week from today, our CEO is speaking at the University of Nevada, Reno's TEDx event! James is presenting on what the casino gaming industry should take away from mobile/social gaming as well as from AAA titles as they venture further into online and mobile casino gaming. It's going to be an awesome talk, and we'll hopefully have a video of it to follow after the event.
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a safe new year! We have so much exciting stuff happening in the next few months. SlotALot is looking great, and we can't wait for it to launch so we can finally share it with everyone. We're also almost done with our office expansion here in Downtown Reno, and the new space is going to be so cool! Stay tuned for more.
A piece eGaming Review North America has done on James actually made the cover of the December issue! Thanks eGR! You can sneak a small peek at the profile on the link below, but the entirety requires a subscription or picking up the December issue!
We are getting closer and closer to launching our new game SlotALot for Android and iOS devices, and we recently had a beta testing event for the game that went great! We thank everyone over at The Abbi Agency who helped put it together. We were happy to send some of our testers away with free tickets to the CANFEST event happening tonight at the Downtown Reno Ballroom from 6pm - 10pm, and we're also happy to be one of the event sponsors. To everyone going: be safe and have fun!
Payton O’Brien from casino gaming site Gambling 911 recently interviewed our CEO James. Here’s a link to the interview to read about our upcoming poker products and some of the other stuff we’ve got cooking over here at 3G:
As promised, here is James’s appearance on Face the State from Thursday evening:
With online poker now expected to launch in the state of Nevada in the spring, 3G Studios has become the first video game developer to apply for the necessary licenses toward that goal! KTVN even covered the story today:
Just a quick update from James’s G2E appearance! An audio recording of the “Social Games: Soaring Technology” panel can be found here:
We at 3G Studios were honored this morning to accept a 2012 “Healthiest Place to Work” award from the Healthcare Forum put on by the Reno-Sparks Chamber of Commerce.
The purpose of the award is to show the importance of healthy employees and to celebrate those companies that have implemented it into their company and mission.Healthy employees miss fewer days at work, in turn, keeping the productivity high, profits up and medical costs down. One of 3G’s missions is to work hard and play hard. In order to both, one needs to be healthy. Our company offers a great benefit package to our employees. We also offer great incentives and encourage healthy eating and exercising. Another one of our mottos is to have FUN! Our employees enjoy coming to work every day and a happy employee equals a healthy employee. We strive to find and implement fun, healthy alternatives inside and out of our working environment.
Thank you so much to The Chamber, all of the sponsors, the panel of judges who voted, and to John Ascuaga’s Nugget for hosting the forum. We would also like to congratgulate all the other winners, especially the Bosma Group for their runner-up finish in our business category.
300 E. 2nd St.
Reno, NV 89501